As the days get shorter and the temperatures gradually decrease, it’s evident the colder months of fall are upon us in many parts of the country. Soon, you’ll be carving pumpkins with your kids or attending holiday gatherings, and your work may add to the stress of your busy life.
As we watch the leaves change colors and drop from the trees, we’re reminded of ups and downs this year has brought. Maybe you finally got the promotion you’ve always wanted. Or, maybe you had to deal with an unexpected family or health issue. Perhaps, a combination of less daylight and long shifts have you feeling burnt out. Whatever the case, the change in seasons often brings about a time of reflection over the past months.
If you’re looking for ways to stay motivated during the colder months, grab your favorite, warm beverage, a cozy blanket, and curl up with these inspiring, fall quotes:
1. In the entire circle of the year, there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October, when the trees are bare to the mild heavens, and the red leaves bestrew the road, and you can feel the breath of winter, morning and evening—no days so calm, so tenderly solemn, and with such a reverent meekness in the air.
~ Alexander Smith
2. I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.
~ John Burroughs
4. The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.
5. The spring, summer, is quite a hectic time for people in their lives, but then it comes to autumn, and to winter, and you can’t but help think back to the year that was, and then hopefully looking forward to the year that is approaching.
6. Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.
~ Lauren DeStefano
7. I’ve never known anyone yet who doesn’t suffer a certain restlessness when autumn rolls around… We’re all eight years old again, and anything is possible.
~ Sue Grafton
8. Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.
9. Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
~ Stanley H. Horowitz
10. Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.
~ Shira Tamir