Extended Home Care
One Family. Many Opportunities.
Extended Managed Long Term Care provides high quality services to members/patients in all boroughs of New York City, as well as Nassau and Suffolk County.
Field Nurse – Coordinator of Care (COC)
Full Time – Bronx & Manhattan
Reporting to the Clinical Manager of Extended MLTC, we currently seek a nurse professional to be responsible for coordinating and providing high quality multidisciplinary health services for patients consistent with Agency philosophy, policy, goals and objectives as well as Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Develops a Plan of Care based on assessment of patient’s needs, condition, environment, and consultation with patient’s physician and other health care team members, at the time of initial visit.
- Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of individual patient Plan of Care.
- Provides skilled nursing care that conforms to EHC policy and procedures and established professional standards of care.
- Updates Plan of Care at least every 60 days and as necessary.
- Regularly conducts Case Conferences and maintains communication with Clinical Managers and other members of health care team.
- Documents care provided as per EHC policy and procedures.
- Maintains an ongoing responsibility for assigned caseload.
- Maintains productivity standards.
- Schedules work load for maximum efficiency.
- Adheres to EHC’ mission, Code of Ethics, policies & procedures, state & federal regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Maintains a continuing knowledge of competencies related to the Nursing profession by participating in formal education programs, conference, workshops and professional organizations.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Process, in-services and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with one year of health care experience preferred. BSN preferred.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic computer skills.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged or considerable walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to lift, position, or transfer patients, as well as supplies and equipment. Minimum lifting required is 25 lbs.
- Must have visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Valid malpractice insurance required.
- Valid driver’s license may be required, as determined by operational needs.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including training, support and professional growth.
Please visit our website at www.extendedhc.net and click on the “Employment/Career Opportunities” tab to send us your resume or you can fax your resume indicating position of interest and location to 212-564-7812.
Extended Home Care Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.