Extended Home Care
One Family. Many Opportunities.
Extended Home Care provides high quality services to members/patients in all boroughs of New York City, as well as Nassau and Suffolk County.
RN Case Manager
Full Time – Brooklyn & Manhattan
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, we currently seek a nurse professional to be responsible for the case management of quality home care services rendered to patients.
- Plans, implements, manages and evaluates the provision of both professional and ancillary home health services to ensure that all patient’s needs are met and quality care is provided in accordance with Federal, State and Agency guidelines.
- Establishes and updates the care plan with written input from the patient/caregiver, physician and other multidisciplinary health team members.
- Completes all required documentation according to agency policy and in a timely manner which include; interdisciplinary referral form, 485, OASIS, interim physician orders and coordination notes.
- Manages the activity of the multidisciplinary team providing care to patients as well as to ensure that all visits scheduled and provided are authorized and covered by a physician order.
- Reviews reports, evaluates ongoing patient care needs and communicates those needs to the physician.
- Maintains proficiency in clinical and administrative skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and independent problem solving skills in order to initiate appropriate intervention with regard to patient’s psychosocial and/or physical impairment.
- Facilitates the care of the patient in the home setting by utilizing appropriate community resources, counseling and teaching patient and patient’s family and advocating on behalf of the patient.
- Communicates case load and patient care issues to the Clinical Manager.
- Updates the Home Health Aide plan of care, communicates with Home Health Aide Coordinator.
- Develops, implements, and carries out a discharge plan in conjunction with the Primary field, patient/caregiver and members of the health care team. Interprets agency policy to patient and patient’s families.
- Ensures that all visits made have prior authorization if required by the patient’s managed care insurance company. Works collaboratively with managed care insurance company.
- Monitors the quality of therapeutic service through written and verbal communications with all disciplines. Participates in performance improvement activities, team meetings and orientation as requested.
- Demonstrates sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding suspected violation of corporate compliance regulations.
- Reports all suspected violations to supervisor, Compliance Officer or Compliance Hotline.
- Performs other nursing activities as directed.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license with NYS Department of Education required.
- Minimum of 1 year recent medical/surgical nursing experience required. Experience with MRDD patient and/or Public/Community Health preferred.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including training, support and professional growth.
Please visit our website at www.extendedhc.net and click on the “Employment/Career Opportunities” tab to send us your resume or you can fax your resume indicating position of interest and location to 212-564-7812.
Extended Home Care Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.