Website School of Nursing
SCHOOL OF NURSING FACULTY POSITIONS
Due to significant growth in all our programs, Missouri State University School of Nursing is currently seeking faculty candidates for tenure track and non-tenure-track positions for fall 2018 in the following areas:
• Assistant Professor, 12-month Tenure Track,
• 2 Assistant Professors, 9 month Tenure Track,
• Assistant Professor with public or population health focus, 9 month. Tenure Track,
• 2 Clinical Assistant Professors, non-tenure track
The School of Nursing offers community-based BSN, BSNC, MSN-Nurse Educator, and DNP (BSN to DNP as FNP, and Post-Masters) Programs. All programs are accredited by CCNE with a 94% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN and 100% on the FNP certification exam in 2017. Nursing benefits from new educational facilities, as well as MSU Care, a clinic for the uninsured for nursing faculty and student practice. The School is a member of the College of Health and Human Services, a collaborative group of 11 graduate and undergraduate health programs. MSU is a 4-campus comprehensive system with over 26,000 students and a mission in public affairs. The University has received numerous awards, including excellence in diversity, a Forbes top college, and a Carnegie Foundation Community Engaged University, among other accolades. Springfield is a vibrant, growing metropolitan area of over 440,000 people, along with a low cost of living, high quality of life, many recreational and cultural activities, and serves as a center for healthcare and healthcare education for the region. See links for the School of Nursing http://www.missouristate.edu/nursing/, and MSU http://www.missouristate.edu/.
• Teach in the School’s undergraduate and graduate programs
• Advise students
• Participate in service to the School, College, and University
• Pursue a program of scholarship for tenure track positions
• Qualified applicants must hold a doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program in nursing or a related field for a tenure track position, a masters’ degree in nursing or related field, and a current license or eligibility to practice nursing in Missouri. Faculty must have a commitment to work with diverse students and colleagues. Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense.
Apply at https://jobs.missouristate.edu . Applicants will submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and copy of transcripts. Date of first consideration is November 1, 2017.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer and Institution