Listen to this article.
Duke, Rutgers, University of Alabama-Birmingham, and nine other colleges and universities have been recognized as the “2019 Best Schools for Men in Nursing” by the American Association for Men in Nursing (AAMN).
Winning institutions are selected based on the significant efforts they have made to increase the number of male applicants, enrollees, admissions, and/or retentions in their programs, and have been shown to provide a supportive educational environment for male student nurses. All schools applying for the award are accredited by the National League of Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and have had a minimum NCLEX pass rate of 80% over the past three years.
2019 Best Schools for Men in Nursing
In alphabetical order, the winners are:
- Duke University School of Nursing
- John Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Lewis University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing
- Northern Illinois University School of Nursing
- NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Rutgers School of Nursing
- University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Nursing
- University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh College of
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- West Coast University College of Nursing
2019 Best Workplaces for Men in Nursing:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
For a full list of 2019 AAMN awards, visit the AAMN awards page.
- Oklahoma Hospitals Face Crisis as Covid Cases Surge - January 18, 2021
- When Schools Reopen in Delaware, Nurse of the Week Sue Smith Will be Ready - January 13, 2021
- Covid Vaccine Meets a Cold Reception in France - January 12, 2021