Website Bellevue College
Nursing, Tenure-Track Full-Time Faculty R18366
See Position Description
Bellevue WA, WA
Nursing faculty perform duties and responsibilities under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction and are responsible primarily to the Dean of the Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute (HSEWI) and the Associate Dean of Nursing. The faculty is responsible for:
• Teaching face-to-face and hybrid classes (combination of face-to-face and online) in the classroom, in the nursing lab settings, and with students in the clinical setting
• Assessing student learning outcomes
• Participating in on-going curriculum development, revision, implementation and evaluation
• Providing student advising/mentoring; participating in college governance and decision making
• Maintaining current knowledge and skills in areas of assignment
• Engaging in self-reflection and self-evaluation
• Building collaborative relationships between Bellevue College (BC) and health care communities
• Demonstrating a strong commitment to student success through fostering a positive, caring learning environment where diversity and pluralism are valued
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual salary is based on a 176-day contract with a minimum of $60,951.40; beginning salary will be determined by the assessment of the candidate’s education and related experience. New hires cannot be placed above $65,354.92 unless exceptional circumstances prevail.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
• Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
• Current Washington state RN license or be eligible for licensure
• An advocate for pluralism with a teaching philosophy appropriate for a diverse (multicultural, multi-ability, etc.) classroom
• Effective communication skills (to students and colleagues) in both written and oral form
• Certification in clinical specialty
• Background/prior experience that shows understanding of concepts related to student-centered teaching and learning theory, curriculum development, and assessment of learning outcomes
• Experience in integrating diversity, pluralism, and inclusion into teaching and learning, or equivalent transferable skills to do so
• Experience and/or education for developing nursing program curriculum
• Knowledge/experience working with a variety of teaching modalities and delivery methods, including simulation, flipped classes, online, and hybrid courses
• History of life-long learning and professional development in nursing practice, quality care, and current health care issues
• Experience in addressing disproportionate impact and equity issues within an institution
• Active involvement in community and professional organizations
• Basic computer literacy skills and knowledge of learning management systems
Applications received by 02/07/19 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position will begin Fall Quarter, 2019.
Tenure-Track Full-Time Faculty positions are eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online Application (note that stating “See Resume” on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire
• Attach a Cover Letter that addresses how you meet minimum and preferred qualifications (max 2 pgs)
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a statement of your Teaching Philosophy (max 1 pg)
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (minimum 1pg, max 2 pgs). Please note that your Teaching Philosophy must be a separate response from your Diversity Statement.
• Attach a copy of academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted – official transcripts required upon employment)
To Apply, visit: