Sparrow Health System
General Purpose of Job:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is an advanced practice nurse with a specialty focus (e.g. population, setting, disease subspecialty, type of care, type of problem). Working within the Transformational Model for Professional Practice, the CNS uses specialized knowledge and skills to advance the professional practice of nursing care within the organization.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Expert clinical nurse develops nursing practice to positively impact patient outcomes/clinical outcomes.
- Consults on complex patients or populations of patients.
- Creates and revises nursing policies and procedures using current evidence to achieve positive outcomes.
- Leads or assists interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality and safety of patient care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates programs/initiatives that are congruent with strategic plans, regulatory agency requirements, and established nursing standards.
- Mentors evidence based nursing practice by utilizing current evidence to evaluate practice and implement appropriate changes.
- Supports patient education by evaluating and developing materials appropriately.
- Develops, implements, and disseminates nursing research by acting as a principle investigator, mentor, or consultant.
- Acts as a change agent in the implementation of practice changes.
Advances the science of nursing through participation in professional organizations, publications and presentations.
|General Requirements||Basic Life Support (BLS) Current State of Michigan nursing license Certification as a CNS or in specialty area preferred|
|Work Experience||At least three years experience in specialty area.|
|Education||Master’s degree in nursing|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Computer literate Able to handle stressful situations and manage conflict Project and time management skills Interpersonal skills for effective communication. Accountable for professional development and maintenance of competencies Excellent attendance|
This position is CNS for adult crtical care. The ideal canddiate must have at least three years experience in critical care including open heart patients.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|Degree Type / Education Level||Master’s|