Website Craven Community College
Director of Nursing Programs – Fulltime (12 months)
The Director of Nursing Programs is a Faculty position that is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives, and program compliance with SACS standards as well as maintaining full approval through the North Carolina State Board of Nursing for both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs. These responsibilities require leadership in workforce areas and include meeting student retention goals; directing and participating in educational planning; program organization; staffing, training and supervision of both full-time and part-time faculty; evaluating program faculty and student performance; motivating and advising students; clinical site development and partnerships; developing and maintaining the program budget and generating reports as needed. The Director teaches up to 9 hours per semester, or as designated by the Dean.
• Masters of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution
• Two years of full-time experience as a faculty member in a Board of Nursing approved nursing program
• Current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse
• Meet the education requirements for Nurse Educations as outlined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing within the first three years of employment, which includes preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation and evaluation appropriate to assignment. This preparation may be demonstrated by one of the following: (1) completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses; (2) completion of a certificate program in nursing education; (3) nine semester hours of graduate course work; (4) national certification in nursing education; or (5) documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the NC Board of Nursing
• Two calendar years, or the equivalent, of full-time clinical practice as a registered nurse
• Teaching experience at the community college or university level
• Leadership experience preferred
• Hiring Range $70,000-$77,000
• Benefits include paid holidays, sick leave, medical insurance, and participation in the N.C. State Retirement System.
Federal Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position with CCC.
APPLY ONLINE @ www.cravencc.edu , select “Employment” at the bottom of the web page (under About Us). That will take you to the Human Resources main page. Click on the picture for Prospective Employees, (or click Learn more beneath that picture). That will take you to the Prospective Employee Page. In the center of that page click on the red words “Job Center”.
Applicants must submit all required documents requested in the online application process to be considered. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation and employer/professional reference check will be conducted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
May 11, 2018
July 1, 2018
Craven Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship status.
Craven Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution