East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 600018
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice.
East Carolina University College of Nursing (ECUCON) seeks applicants for two full-time tenure track or tenured faculty positions at the assistant professor or higher level. The individuals will be responsible for developing robust research programs and contributing to teaching, predominately in graduate and doctoral programs. One position is focused on either cardiovascular disease or cancer/palliative care. The other position is focused on use of big data to improve quality of care and outcomes. Both individual applicants and two person teams will be considered in filling these two positions. Startup funding is available commensurate with experience and preparation and a named professorship is available for a candidate at the full or associate professor level who demonstrates outstanding research and teaching.
ECU is a comprehensive research and doctoral-granting university with 29,000 students in the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Education, Business, and Engineering. ECUCON is a part of the Health Sciences Division, which includes the College of Allied Health Sciences, School of Dental Medicine, and School of Medicine. ECUCON has over 500 graduate students including 35 PhD students and over 100 DNP students. . The College includes an Office of Research and Scholarship, which provides help with proposal development, pre- and post-award management, and statistical analysis. Additionally, strong interprofessional research opportunities exist within the division and with the university Center for Health Disparities, Agromedicine Institute, and Diabetes and Obesity Institute.
- PhD, EdD, DSc, or equivalent
- Eligibility for tenure-track or tenure at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level (Note: Those with clinical doctorates are tenure ineligible at this time)
- Strong record of collaborative research and scholarship
- Demonstrated success in teaching excellence
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- A valid unrestricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
A valid unrestricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- A PhD in nursing or PhD in a related field and a graduate degree in nursing from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Academic appointment will be commensurate with the training/experience of the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date indicated.
Additional Instructions to Applicants
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 600018 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/11575