Website The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC)
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) is a member of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Electronic Campus for distance education courses, programs and services offered through many institutions of higher education in the southeastern United States. The College of Nursing was founded in 1887, and offers programs across the spectrum of the profession, including baccalaureate (BSN, RN-BSN), masters (MSN-CNL), and doctoral (PhD and DNP) to meet the health care needs of the community, state and nation. The College of Nursing started one of the first Family Nurse Practitioner programs in the country. The college enrolls over 400 students annually and is recognized nationally as a leader in innovative nursing education. Their DNP program is ranked #23 in the 2019 US News and World Report rankings.
The Executive Associate Academic Dean will demonstrate progressive administrative leadership experience in an academic nursing environment, the ability to develop new programs within a College of Nursing and the experience to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Nursing and across the University.
- A doctorate degree in nursing with educational/academic administrative experience from an accredited college or university with graduate programs.
- N. Licensure in the State of Tennessee or eligible to obtain within six months of hire.
- Eligible for appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. A strong record of accomplishments as an educational scholar.
- A minimum of five years of experience in nursing education.
- Fiscal experience in terms of developing and monitoring budgets and other resources for academic affairs. Experience in developing strategic plans and providing visionary leadership for academic affairs.
- Demonstrate senior-level leadership skills, including strategic partnership, negotiation and change management skills.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information, please contact us via e-mail at:
A division of Witt/Kieffer