Listen to this article.
During #NURSEHACK4HEALTH, nurses will come together on Microsoft Teams to apply their resourcefulness and innovative thinking to COVID-19 related healthcare problems. There’s still time to register for the virtual hackathon, which is set to begin on Friday, May 15 at 7.00PM, EST.
Presented by the Society of Nurse Scientists, Innovators, Entrepreneurs & Leaders (SONSIEL), Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, and dev up, NURSEHACK4HEALTH is an opportunity for you to collaborate with colleagues to create a technological solution for a COVID-19 pain point. Each team will work within one of five different challenge areas (see the hackathon Home Page for details):
- TECHNOLOGY / REMOTE PATIENT MONITORING – ACUTE CARE
- TECHNOLOGY / REMOTE PATIENT MONITORING – HOME SETTING
- PATIENT TRANSFER, HAND-OFF, & HUDDLE
- DATA & REPORTING
- RESILIENCY AND SELF-CARE
If you have never taken part in a hackathon, this is a great time to get started. Whether you’re a first-timer or a hackathon veteran, you should read the FAQ on the NURSEHACK4HEALTH website.
- Nurse of the Week: Logan Marx Has a Passion for Nursing and Community Service - May 27, 2020
- Prevent Burnout With These Six Self-Care Strategies - May 26, 2020
- Your Mental Health Also Needs PPE - May 25, 2020