Listen to this article.
There are more than 9 million Veterans being cared for by VA. That adds up to a lot of X-rays, ultrasounds, CAT scans, and MRIs performed each year at more than 1,200 facilities across the nation.
None of these vital tests would be possible without our hardworking diagnostic radiologic technicians. With the assistance of these important members of the VA team, we’re able to diagnose disease in its earliest stages, monitor the progress of treatment, and help Veterans lead longer, healthier lives.
Help Care for Veterans
If you have experience in health care imaging, consider bringing your skills to VA, the nation’s largest integrated health care system.
We employ diagnostic radiologic technicians all over the country – from the sandy beaches of Hawaii to the rural fields of the Midwest to the bustling city of New York – so there’s sure to be a job opening near where you live or where you’d like to go.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the radiologic technician field is projected to grow faster than the average occupation, increasing by about 7% over the next decade as the population ages and demand for testing rises.
At VA, you’ll be able to work on the forefront of your field, alongside colleagues who share your commitment to excellence and your dedication to serving Veterans.
We are always looking for new and innovative ways to bring the best care to those who have bravely served our country. At our first 5G enabled medical center in Palo Alto, we’re now able to turn CT and MRI scans into 3D images that can be projected on the patient’s body to improve precision and speed of surgeries.
Enjoy excellent benefits
When it comes to benefits, VA’s offerings far outpace the private sector. They include:
- A competitive starting salary. You’ll enjoy a strong initial salary based on education, training and experience. At VA, you can count on steady growth with periodic pay raises and other rewards for all your hard work and dedication.
- A commitment to work/life balance. From offering flexible scheduling to generous leave plans, we want to make sure our employees are happy and fulfilled.
- Continuing education support. We offer a broad range of scholarships, tuition reimbursement and loan repayment programs, and other educational opportunities to help you in your lifelong quest for learning.
- Robust health insurance and retirement plans. Take care of your health and your family with a range of health insurance plans, including vision and dental. Protect your future with our three-tier retirement plan, life insurance and long-term care insurance.
Work at VA
Ready to pursue a career in radiology at VA? Discover a rewarding new opportunity and apply today.
- EXPLORE diagnostic radiologic technician openings.
- READ about the benefits of a VA career.
- LEARN more about how to apply for a VA position.
- Picture a Bright Future as a VA Diagnostic Radiologic Technician - November 21, 2020
- 4 Ways the VA is Improving Access to Care - October 24, 2020
- What to Expect at a VA Virtual Career Fair - October 9, 2020